Strategy / Portfolio
The firm is committed to generating superior returns for company owners and management teams by building on strategic, operating and financial expertise of the principals.
Once a transaction is executed, Wakabayashi Fund maintains an agreed upon involvement with the portfolio companies and their owners and managers, keeping close track of financial performance and strategic progress.
We have developed a specialty in associating with such owners and managers and helping them resolve the conflict between their personal financial goals and the needs of their business.
The type of Client Company we choose to align ourselves with will be able to create and sustain its market position with superior products, services, cost structures and / or proprietary skills of its employees. A typical company we invest in or procure capital for has the following qualities:
- Revenues of $1 M or more and operating cash flow of $100 K or more.
- Dedicated and capable managers willing to take steps necessary to improve the value of their business.
- A leading market position and a valuable franchise.
- Predictable cash flows and opportunity for growth.
- Low exposure to the risks of technological obsolescence.
- Identifiable opportunities to enhance financial performance by improving growth, operating margins, and capital efficiency.